X-Men The next generation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The next generation of Mutant teens learning Cicero and Saving the world

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Lex Darcy/Darkness Manipulation

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Lex Darcy

Lex Darcy

Character sheet
Power: Darkness Manipulation

Lex Darcy/Darkness Manipulation Empty
PostSubject: Lex Darcy/Darkness Manipulation   Lex Darcy/Darkness Manipulation I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 30, 2011 3:50 am

Name: Lex Darcy

Name of Power: Darkness Manipulation

Power description: Lex has the ability to mentally generate and manipulate darkness. With this ability, Lex can darken an opponent’s surroundings, travel through shadows, become invisible when he merges himself with a shadow (with darkness as his force field), and blast balls of darkness onto his opponents. This power also allows Lex to see clearly in the dark, and because he can acquire energy from darkness he is much stronger in the dark or at night. However, this power has made him sensitive to light. Therefore, exposing him to brightly lit places weakens him gravely, and this is especially dangerous when he is under the sun. Wearing layers of black or white clothes can help him survive the exposure to light, but he still will not be able to generate huge amounts of deactivated photons. Since warmth is sort of a ‘sibling’ to light, Lex also has to avoid places in which the temperature is high, and staying in cold places only would render him a hale and hearty mutant. When using his powers, Lex should be clothed in neutral colours as wearing anything aside from that would distract him from properly utilising his powers. Lex’s skin colour may turn paler as he uses his powers, and his hair and eyes would become the darkest shade of black. Even his lips would lose colour. He would also seem to fade due to his use of darkness as protection for himself.

Appearance: Lex stands at almost 5’11” with dark hair and blue eyes. He is lean, but underneath all the layer of clothes is a sculpt body. This is mainly due to the fact that Lex trained in Karate for a while before he and his sensei had a row. Lex’s chalky complexion is also due to his evasion of the sun. He changes his hairstyle a lot, but does not let his dark hair grow past his shoulder. He is always clothed in neutral-coloured long sleeves and jeans, and due to the way he presents himself he is almost always mistaken for a being a Goth or even a vampire. One could not deny though that he does tend to look like a vampire, and though he won’t say so himself this attracts quite a handful of girls who like the brooding and mysterious look on guys.

Personality: Lex’s personality is a reflection of his looks and abilities. To those who do not know him well, he is mysterious and brooding—and he likes keeping his impression upon people that way. The mysterious aura that surrounds him is due to the fact that he is cold and secretive. He had never been warm to anyone, though he does his best to interact politely with others. Once in a while a smile may form on his lips, but this is a rare occurrence and more often than not dark thoughts are usually behind the infrequent smile. Lex is also brooding and melancholy in temperament due to the things that have happened in his past. He is extremely cynical and shrewd, and though he used to be merciful he is now completely unforgiving and cruel when angered.

However, there may be a gentler side to him beneath all the coldness. If he spies a little kid being bullied on the streets, he would immediately come to the child’s rescue without further thoughts. He would also never dare humiliate anyone who is seen by many as an underdog. In fact, he would do his best to “toughen up” any underdog he encounters. And while his methods of “toughening someone up” may not always be gentle, his will is good and he knows what he is doing. This gentler side could be the side of him that had remained before all the chaos in his life happened. And though he will always be a frosty as a frozen lake, he will never even think of joining the dark side.

History: Alexandre Laurent was born to a normal and happy family in a small countryside village in France. There, he lived contentedly with his parents and siblings until he entered school for the first time in his life. Alexandre became a constant recipient of bullying, and his classmates seemed to see him as some sort of punching bag. Even girls had the nerve to make fun of him and call him cruel names. He would fight back once in a while, but most of the time he wished they would just go away. Eventually they would stop bullying him, but that was because he had unknowingly merged himself with the shadows. One of his classmates noticed this and labelled him a freak, and due to this the bullying became worse. His family soon learned of this, and so to keep Alexandre safe they moved to Paris a few months before Alexandre turned eleven.

In Paris, Alexandre’s life gradually became better. He managed to actually make friends, though there was only one girl he would consider his true friend. The girl was named Lucille, and as his friendship with Lucille grew stronger he gradually fell in love with her. They became best friends, until on his fourteenth birthday Alexandre decided to ask Lucille out. Lucille gladly said yes, and they were inseparable since then. They probably would still be together if not for the cruel fate that fell upon Lucille.

Alexandre had a friend named Evo, and Evo too had been in love with Lucille for years. Evo was bitter about Alexandre’s relationship with Lucille, and so Evo spoke cruel words to Lucille. Lucille eventually ended her own life after being driven mad by Evo’s words, and this was the straw that broke the camel's back for Alexandre. He avenged Lucille’s death and ran away from home, for he was now a hunted murderer. Along the way he managed to learn how to control his powers, until a year and half’s practice enabled him to shadow travel to America. The travel drained his energy, but he was fortunate to have been taken in by a kindly old woman who had proclaimed herself to be a mutant. From the old woman he learned of Xavier Institute for Higher Learning, and after staying with her for quite a while he decided to find the place where he finally would not be called a freak any longer. With this change in his life he also changed his name. He chose “Darcy” as his new surname, for it meant “Descendant of the Darkness”.

RP Sample: ((I hope using an RP post from another site is fine. :] I'm kind of too tired right now to think of an RP sample for Lex. Sorry. Sad ))
The feeling of warmth was spreading all over Klara’s body, but it was not the warmth one feels when one is happy. In fact, the feeling seemed to drain Klara’s energy and numb her senses. Her vision was starting to blur and lose colour, and everything around her felt dreamlike and unreal. Suddenly, there was a blinding light that penetrated through her waning consciousness. Klara fell to the ground as the blinding light gave her a searing headache. For a moment she couldn’t see anything, and she clutched her forehead as it throbbed painfully. A male voice was speaking near her, but her ears couldn’t make out the words properly any longer. Am I dying? She muttered. Shall it be Elysium for me?

Gradually her senses came back, but there was pain all over her body. Her vision slowly cleared, and in front of her was a hand held out as if to aid her. “Need some help, Miss Klara?” The male voice spoke. Klara slowly looked up, and she saw Kalik standing in front of her. Britney was at her side. She must have dragged her away from the Empousa before it had the chance to finish her off.

“You killed the Empousa?” Klara muttered in awe. “B-but… how?” Klara’s gaze went back to Kalik’s outstretched hand as she tried to make sense of what had happened. The blinding light, she guessed, must have signalled the death of the Empousa. Kalik seemed genuine as he held out his hand, but even if he had saved her Klara still could not bring herself to trust men. She could deal with them kindly and politely, but trusting them was another matter. Slowly she tried to get up on her own, and as she did so a scream came from Britney.

“W-watch out! Behind you!” Britney cried out. “There’s two more!”

The almost-dead demigod was dubious at first, but Britney’s words rang true when she turned to look at the direction Britney was looking at. A groan came from Klara as she eyed the Empousae. One looked like a blonde cheerleader while the other looked like a sultry brunette. The situation was starting to look hopeless, and it didn’t help that Klara had lost her other dagger. She was now stuck with one tiny dagger, and she knew it would take a miracle for her to be able to kill the beasts. She scrambled away from her spot and retreated farther into the woods, leaving Misty, Britney, Kalik and Emily to face the monsters. She hoped they didn’t think badly of her as she did so. After all, it would save them the trouble of having to protect someone as they fought the monsters.

Klara tried to fish for golden drachmas from her pocket, but alas, she had brought none with her. She could’ve used it to call for reinforcements through Iris Messaging, but that was now out of the question. She also had no emergency ambrosia with her since she didn’t think the night would end up like this. Desperately she hastened as she applied first aid on her own injuries. There were two Empousae now, so they’d need twice or maybe even thrice the strength they had utilised when they fought the first one. She had already lost a lot of blood due to her injuries, but she knew that she couldn’t just leave her friends alone.

The swift first aid treatment had her missing in action for a while, but when Klara approached the clearing again she arrived just in time to see Emily falling to the ground after she had attacked the brunette Empousae. The blonde one was focused entirely on Kalik, and Kalik’s situation wasn’t looking too good either. Blood flowed from Kalik’s shoulder as the Empousa bit him there, and afterwards the Empousa upon him looked as if she had just won the lottery.

Okay, so maybe I’ll need ten times the strength I had used awhile ago, Klara thought fearfully as she watched the scene unfold in front her. From afar, she spied something glow in the moonlight. My dagger! Klara thought happily when she finally had a better view of the glowing thing. Unfortunately for her, she’d have to pass by the two Empousae if she wanted to get her dagger. Klara forlornly stood rooted to the ground as she thought of what she should do. Due to the stress of the situation, Klara never had a chance to execute her plans perfectly.

As if a light bulb was switched in her mind, Klara suddenly realised what had been missing. I need to keep my head on my shoulder, Klara said as she walked towards the scene. It was making sense to her now. They couldn’t fight the monsters well because of their lack of coordination and strategy. But if one of them kept calm, they would have a higher chance of surviving this unforeseen disaster.

Her heart was beating fast against her chest, but on the outside Klara looked like an ice queen. Her expression was unreadable and her stance was surprisingly confident. The one who had bitten Kalik paid no attention to her, but the brunette one seemed to be disgusted at her presence. “Another female,” it sneered. “Well, well, well. We’d have preferred another male to enter the stage, but we’re in a murderous mood tonight, you see,” the Empousa spoke with a glint of malice in her eyes. Klara spoke no words, and she continued to walk closer towards the Empousa. “How amusing,” the Empousa cackled. “Fearless fool you are, my dear. You do know that you don’t stand a chance against me and my sister. And while you’re still alive, it would be nice of you to bid your male friend farewell.”

The Empousa pointed to the place where Kalik was prisoner to the claws of the other Empousa, but Klara didn’t pay attention to him. She needed to go by her plan, otherwise she might as well bid farewell to the world tonight. “You’re not jealous of your sister, then?” Klara said in a clear and curious voice. She did her best to sound as innocent as possible, as she knew how sharp Empousae could be. “Look, she’s about to finish off that dude. I won’t even try to stop you from finishing him off. So you’re wasting time here talking to me while that greedy sister of yours gets to finish off what you two could have shared.”

Klara watched with a calm expression as the Empousa’s expression changed from a sneer to a scowl. The timing had been perfect for Klara, for when the brunette Empousa glanced at her sister she saw how her sister’s fangs were just few inches away from Kalik’s neck. Immediately the Empousa leaped upon her sister, and she scratched her sister’s back as she did so. The pain must have surprised the blonde Empousa, for it suddenly let go of Kalik with a horrid expression on its face. It then turned to furiously face its brunette sister. Klara grabbed that opportunity to drag Kalik away from their sight.

“We need to get away before they learn of how I’ve tricked them,” Klara whispered to Kalik as she hid behind the trees. Stealthily she ran to hide behind a tree near the other girls. “Emily, Misty, Britney, we need to get out of here ASAP!” She called softly. The Empousae were still busy fighting each other, but Klara knew that one mistake and they could become aware of how they have been deceived. “Quickly, guys, we don’t stand a chance against them!”

Code: LexBlue

Other:
((So sorry if everything is so short, but I’m sort of out of muse right now.))
Back to top Go down
Charlotte Black
Admin
Charlotte Black

Character sheet
Power: Radiant Energy

Lex Darcy/Darkness Manipulation Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lex Darcy/Darkness Manipulation   Lex Darcy/Darkness Manipulation I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 30, 2011 9:02 am

accepted and welcome! (This was a greatd charrie sheet although I think you meant the straw that broke the camels back XD but the rest is truely good.) He seems to be the exact opposite of Sorin Aelius Razz Well feel free to RP!
Back to top Go down
https://xmenewgenerationrpg.rpg-board.net

Lex Darcy/Darkness Manipulation
Page 1 of 1