X-Men The next generation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The next generation of Mutant teens learning Cicero and Saving the world

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Carmen Moore/ Hypersuasion

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Carmen Moore

Carmen Moore

Character sheet
Power: Hypersuasion

Carmen Moore/ Hypersuasion Empty
PostSubject: Carmen Moore/ Hypersuasion   Carmen Moore/ Hypersuasion I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 05, 2011 6:55 pm

((I'm not exactly CONFIDENT with the way I explained myself here, but... I like this character, and if this isn't what you were looking for, I'll try again. Also, I know a character who doesn't talk will be a challenge to RP, but that's what I'm looking forward to.))

Name: Carmen Moore - 'Ishtar'

Name of Power: Hypersuasion

Power description: Hypersuasion is the ability to make a person do as she wishes. The power is controlled by the voice, not pheremones or telepathic powers like most mind-control. Carmen is not exactly sure how it works, but she supposes that it has to do with the tone and pitch of her voice, possibly being more alluring to the human ear. In truth, Carmen's voice has an extra tone that can only be heard subconciously, much like subliminal messaging.

The control is not absolute, merely subtly guiding and persuading the target to do as she says, lending to the fact that there is also slight emotional manipulation held within her smooth voice. The more she knows about someone, the more able her powers are.

Because of the power held within a single word, anytime Carmen talks could be marked as potentially dangerous. She cannot completely control her powers yet, and, because of what a careless word could do, she does not speak unless completely necessary.

Carmen's powers are not always reliable, as mutants with strong mental capabilities can easily resist her. Moreover, it is much harder to make someone do something that goes completely against their own morals or personality.

Appearance: Carmen wishes she could say that her powers made her prettier, but that would be lying. In fact, she was always a rather plain child, not really a face you would pick out of a crowd. Of average height, Carmen is not especially not athletic, resulting in a scrawny build with no muscles or curves to speak of.

Though her cheekbones are nice, her nose is too straight and her eyebrows a bit bushy. Her eyes are the only thing she likes about her 'true' self, a deep green shifting to darker colors in lower lighting.

Her brown hair is unruly, never doing quite as she asks it too. It is straight at the roots, wavy in the middle and somehow ends up in tangled ringlets at the bottom of her customary pony-tail. She had her hair cut with what was supposed to be Chinese bangs, but they curl and frizz so much, at times they look rather silly.

Her skin is permanently tanned, and one thing she has always been grateful for was the fact that she was not marked by acne or blemishes. She does have a scar inside her left elbow, but it was gotten by normal measures, and is easily covered up.

This being said, Carmen cares as much about her appearance as any normal teenage girl, but does not hold it above all else, nor is vanity in her heart. It is only her voice that is beautiful, and she holds no illusions about the rest of her.

Personality:Even with her refusal to speak, Carmen is anything but shy, and has always been that way. She expresses herself through her eyes mostly, and the emotions range nicely. Brows furrowed when deep in thought, a tiny frown and dipping brow for anger, the tilt of a mouth and shining eyes when happy... She isn't exactly a blank slate, speech or no.

Carmen's basic personality was always simple enough: Vibrant, loud, and what she wanted was what she got, and no one got in her way. While people sometimes used words like 'spoiled' or 'greedy' to describe her, those aren't exactly words to go by... Carmen didn't want many things, but what she wanted she got. It was more of a unhealthy determination to get what was rightfully hers, no matter who got hurt in the process.When the Incident happened, Carmen's words became quieter and fewer, but no less determined. Though she refuses to speak, Carmen still gets what's hers, as much as she can without using her powers.

To put it bluntly, Carmen is scared of what she has become. Because of this, Carmen is a compulsive liar, denying the fact that anything is wrong. She doesn't speak much, unless asked by a teacher, but when forced to speak, she lies. Lies about her feelings, what she wants, her powers, her past... They always find out, thanks to the telepaths of the school, but it doesn't stop her from trying.

History:Carmen will be the first to tell you- Well, the first to write for you -that she grew up in the center of her circle's attention. She would also be the first to convey that it was the most fun a girl could have, without breaking the law. Her mother and father adored her, her siblings did what she wanted, and while she was never popular, the world didn't seem to hate her as it did other teens.

What she can't tell you is when it translated from a real, honest life to one twisted by the sound of her own voice. It must've happened quickly, because the end did, too. When it first started, she enjoyed it. Teachers gave her extended dead lines, the cheerleaders didn't even glare when she walked by, and- hallelujah of all hallelujahs -Joe Broadstrom agreed to go out.

It took a turn for the worse the next week. She couldn't comment on a advert on T. V. or an outfit in a shop window without it being in her room the next day. The school over heard her joking, and agreed to ferry her to college without a second thought. The boys in neighborhood followed her around, and when the girls complained, a single ill-phrased plea silenced them for good. And Joe...

Carmen still isn't quite sure what happened with Joe.

It was then that she refused to talk, realizing that if she just kept quiet maybe they wouldn't be able to tell what it was she wanted. She was right. But, of course, when her mother, who was always so very strong in the mental department, figured out exactly what had happened, she was horrified. Of course, that was why she had been sent here.

But that wasn't the worst of it. Because the last words Carmen could remember saying were words of hate. Her mother, the strong one, the one who hated to lose control, was yelling and talking about that stupid school, and so, without thinking, Carmen turned and said her last words:

"Do us all a favor and go die in a hole."

RP Sample:

Carmen bit her lip and averted her green eyes away from the worshipful blue ones that seemed to view every atom of her being at the same time. "Carmen... It wasn't your fault."

It was. I told her to die... and she... and she did. She did it for me. Carmen shivered at the thought of that sort of power. It was different than what she'd seen on the news. People died for reasons, for ideas, for the lives of others, not for words.

Carmen looked up, pleading in her eyes- Please understand, please, you have to stop. Joe sighed and tucked a piece of frizzed brown hair behind her ear. "You're so pretty." Carmen closed her eyes in defeat.

A date and a teasing 'tell me I'm pretty' had ruined possibly the second best sentence in the human language. So what was it that made her wish she could stay, even if he didn't mean the love he poured on her at every given opportunity? Because I'm a monster, and I can't change that. Not even with help of that stupid school.

Carmen pulled away, and when he followed, she put a hand to his chest, keeping him at bay. I don't want to be held. I want someone to tell me what the hell is going on. He only seemed to get the first part of the message.

"What's wrong, Baby?"

"Do-" Don't call me Baby. She'd almost said it, hadn't she? Nausea hit her, and hit her hard. She'd almost ordered him to do something again. It wouldn't have changed much, it was only a name, but... Her jaw worked, trying to keep the bile down her throat.

Unfortunately, Joe seemed to take it as an encouragement. "I wish you would talk. I love your voice." The kindness in his eyes morphed into a crazed desperation. "I want to hear your voice. Please."

Carmen jerked away as he moved closer, shaking her head frantically. Will you calm down, it's not like he's going to attack you just to hear you scream. Besides, you could stop him easily enough.

"Please. Just one word."

Carmen looked up at the face she was sure she could've loved, and made a split second decision. For Joe. I'm going to that stupid school, aren't I? "G-Goodbye," Carmen whispered, voice rough from the weeks of idleness.

She turned, and started to walk. She faltered, stopped and then: "Don't follow me." As she continued her her journey, the old feeling of sure determination filled her.

No matter what the people said about 'healthy use' and 'not being ashamed', she was going to fix this. She was going to learn to control her power, and she was going to forget about it. And then, maybe, everything would go back to the way it was.

As she passed the grave, she knew she was lying again.

Code:CarmenGreen

Other:Ummm... hi?

Last edited by Carmen Moore on Wed Jul 06, 2011 10:38 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Lengthening the Power Description)
Back to top Go down
Charlotte Black
Admin
Charlotte Black

Character sheet
Power: Radiant Energy

PostSubject: Re: Carmen Moore/ Hypersuasion   Carmen Moore/ Hypersuasion I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 05, 2011 9:51 pm

Hey, cool Charrie! The ones with interesting pasts and powers are all the more fun to play o.o but your power description could use a bit more... thickening, yes I think that's the word. It is just shy of 150, 111 I think it is, and it would be amazing if you could just flesh it out a tad more, but honestly cool charrie and cool power, very creative (so bonus points for that....if we had points...)
Back to top Go down
https://xmenewgenerationrpg.rpg-board.net
Carmen Moore

Carmen Moore

Character sheet
Power: Hypersuasion

PostSubject: Re: Carmen Moore/ Hypersuasion   Carmen Moore/ Hypersuasion I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 06, 2011 10:38 am

I hope you like this a bit better! ... I can't believe I forgot to check the word count for that section!
Back to top Go down
Charlotte Black
Admin
Charlotte Black

Character sheet
Power: Radiant Energy

PostSubject: Re: Carmen Moore/ Hypersuasion   Carmen Moore/ Hypersuasion I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 06, 2011 3:09 pm

hahaha very nice Wink well its all good I brand it ACCEPTED! Please feel free to RP Very Happy and welcome!
Back to top Go down
https://xmenewgenerationrpg.rpg-board.net
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Carmen Moore/ Hypersuasion   Carmen Moore/ Hypersuasion I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Carmen Moore/ Hypersuasion
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
X-Men The next generation :: OOC :: Character Applications :: Accepted Character Sheets-
Jump to: