X-Men The next generation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The next generation of Mutant teens learning Cicero and Saving the world

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The boy, the shadow.... and the snowball? ((Lex))

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Alex Radke

Alex Radke

Character sheet
Power: Ice

The boy, the shadow.... and the snowball? ((Lex)) Empty
PostSubject: The boy, the shadow.... and the snowball? ((Lex))   The boy, the shadow.... and the snowball? ((Lex)) I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 04, 2011 4:50 pm

Alex was in the Training Bunker, he smiled looking around. the walls were scorched, cut, colored differently, everything! "The mutants that must have torn the place up, I can only imagine." He looked around and tried to invision guys and gals having flames and other such things shoot out, or having claws. Alex looked down and held his hands palms facing the ground, he shot out to ice beams. Them taking the shape of an ice person. Nothing impressive, just a figure with cylinders for arms and legs, and squares for a head and torso. Alex felt the bitter cold disappear form his arm, it came with using the power. It wasn't that bad really. Alex looked at his open palm now, ice crystals started "appearing" and started to com together. A handle was made, and what looked like a knife blade started to form. It looked like a cross between a kitchen knife and a combat knife. He held the knife and the color changed, so it was no longer clear. He walked up holding the blade opposite from his thumb. He stabbed the ice figure, his knife sinking in a few inches. Taking it out, he saw there were a few cracks along it. "Still not strong enough." Alex than held out his hands palms to the roof, and snowballs filled in both. With that he slammed his hands together as if clapping, than started to pull them apart, and a staff started to appear. After a few seconds he had a six foot staff, he remembered when he was a black belt some of the moves. He slammed the staff into the figure, dancing around it acting as if it were really fighting back. He weaved and dodged and attacked, until the staff itself shattered. "I have to get better at making shapes.

Alex stood and picked up his board. He had metal clips on his shoes that aloud him to use his running shoes instead of boots. He smiled, he had spent a hour or so fighting that figure not it was time to have some fun. Now standing straight up he aimed his ice beam in front of himself, and his board was lifted up by a mound of snow that was building under him, and than a path of ice was before him, smiling he leaded forward and went down the small mound of snow onto the ice and started skating around. All the while he had to keep a constant ice beam up to create the path in front of him. He took his other hand, and made ice start sprouting all over his arm, until it was encased with it to his elbow. He rode past the ice figure and slammed his forearm into it. He did this several times until the figure was gone.

Alex jumped off of his board, and looked at saw that his ice path hadn't taken up much of the room. He had kind of spiraled around the figure. Panting he layed down, a smile on his face and sweet on his brow. He looked at his right arm, the ice encasing was cracked. Alex got up and slammed it into the wall, until there chunks of it started to fall off. Soon his arm was his again, chips of ice all over his shoes. There wasn't a pretty way to get rid of that, he just pretty much had to knock it off. Which could be the biggest pain in the world sometimes. He wasn't sure how he was going to clean up all of his stuff, sitting there he was perplexed. Just as he was about to give up he heard the door open. His head shot to the direction of it, when he saw it was the boy he had met when he had first come here. "Hey Lex" he said and nodded.

((i'm sorry is stinks, I had a better one that was like four times the quality of this crap. But when I clicked send my computer spazzed and the original got deleted.))
Back to top Go down
Lex Darcy

Lex Darcy

Character sheet
Power: Darkness Manipulation

PostSubject: Re: The boy, the shadow.... and the snowball? ((Lex))   The boy, the shadow.... and the snowball? ((Lex)) I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 06, 2011 3:58 am

For not the first time in his life, Lex was bored. He had nothing interesting to do at all. He had tried going to the library, but it was full of people and Lex was not in the mood to deal with them. Some mutants were also using the field, so that was out of the question. The woods had been a good place for him to train himself, but even that got boring after a while. Besides, the summer warmth felt slightly disorienting to him, and he needed to find a place where he could avoid it. So after half an hour of manipulating shadows in the woods, Lex decided to head back to the mansion. Maybe he could just sleep whilst air conditioning kept him cool. Liking the idea, Lex opened a shadow portal that would bring him inside the mansion. He stepped into it and disappeared, and like a ninja he emerged from the shadows inside his room. He reclined on his bed for a few minutes or so, but he couldn’t fall asleep. Frustrated, he got up and got out of his room. There had to be something interesting he could do. He couldn’t stand being this bored.

This time, he decided not to use his powers as he explored the mansion. After all, he could probably find something exciting to do if he would only be patient about finding it. Soon enough, he saw the stairs that led to the training bunker under the mansion. He had heard of how it was used mainly by mutants with fiery or destructive powers. Lex thought for a moment about that. Whilst he mainly used his powers for shadow travelling and blinding people, he could probably start to work on the other things he could do with his powers. He could create balls and bolts of darkness, but he had yet to see if they would cause damage to an opponent. If it does make a huge impact on the dummies, then Lex would be able to see how destructive his powers are. With these thoughts in mind, he shadow travelled to the place just in front of the training bunker’s door. Slowly he opened the door to see if there were a lot of people inside. Upon seeing no one but Alex in the bunker, he decided to enter. “Hey Lex,” Alex nodded to him.

Lex nodded back. “Good day,” he said. He scanned around the room to see how it was full of…ice. Well, that was refreshing. Here he was, looking for a place to stay away from the sun whilst doing something exciting, and now he seemed to have found it. “I see you have been practising your powers well,” Lex noted. “But did you do this as well?” As he said the word “this”, Lex motioned to the bunker’s chaotic state. Lex then looked at the icy trail Alex had created. For a moment, it made him wish he had ice powers as well, but then he guessed umbrakinesis was enough for him. This seemed to remind him of why he went in there in the first place, and so Lex walked towards one of the darker areas of the bunker. He began to gather deactivated photons until he had formed an average-sized black ball. With a frown on his face, he stared at it in wonder. How could something like this make an impact on anything? It is deactivated photons, for goodness’ sake. Photons. With a look of slight exasperation in his face, he blasted the ball towards the wall. Surprisingly, it hit and had impact like a small ball, but it left no mark on the wall except for what looked like a tiny crack. It wasn’t as destructive as fire or ice powers, but it left Lex feeling slightly better.

((Don't worry, I actually think I'm the one with the awful post. >.>))
Back to top Go down
Alex Radke

Alex Radke

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: The boy, the shadow.... and the snowball? ((Lex))   The boy, the shadow.... and the snowball? ((Lex)) I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 06, 2011 11:04 am

“Good day,”, he nodded, still wondering how he was going to get rid of the ice. "To you as well my friend." Even though they weren't really friends it was how Alex spoke, he said 'my friend' a lot. His friend made the joke that Alex was part Russian and instead of 'comrade' he said "my friend". “I see you have been practising your powers well, but did you do this as well?" Alex looked around, "no. Ice is my domain, everything else you see here came from other such mutants like ourselves. He watched as Lex called forth a small black sphere, made of what? Alex could only guess at that point. "So is it darkness, shadows.... I can't think of anything else that would make a small black sphere other than a black hole, and since we're still here i'm going to guess that it's not that." He looked at the mark it made, it wasn't much. "So it isn't offensive is it? Or is it used differently? The key to fighting as a mutant i've found is, being creative. If you have say an ice power, well you can do more than just freeze things. You can create just about anything you can see in your mind. From say a knife, to a ice trail that I can continually move on. It's just about thinking outside of the box from everything else, you know?"

Alex had jumped to the idea that Lex could control shadows, "okay so there was this TV show I used to watch.... four years ago?" He thought about it, and frowned. Might have been longer, he really didn't know. "Well this boy could kind of control shadows, if you can or not is beyond the point. Just an example, you know? Well he could control the shadows and have them jump off the floor or wall. Like could take a shadow and make it jump off the wall as a 2D shape and his someone." Alex wasn't sure why he had said all he had, he just liked seeing powers and helping out if he could. Alex held his hand out, he was to tired to do anything and a small creeping headache started to appear. "I think my power comes from the ice crystals that emanate from my hand when I chose to use it. A cold seems to sweep though my body, a very chilling bitter cold in my bones but it isn't painful for awhile. But anyway, the longer I focus... well watch." As he said this a snowball started to form in his hand. It was nice soft snow and was the size of a baseball when he stopped, "see."

He focused on it, and it got a little bigger, a went from snow to ice. It was see though, and fragile but he kept going until it was no longer see though and was solid ice. He let out a pant, "after everything i've done today, that's all I can do now. But I can form shapes like I said." With that he chucked the ice ball at the wall, it his the wall and fell to the floor still intact. "Not bad" he usually had a hard time making shapes, if they were to strong they were super heavy if they were to light they would shatter. Both would suck to have to fight with. Alex had been messing around with being able to freeze body parts, to fight with. It was going okay, just if he made it to strong he would never get it off and would have to get his ive amputated after it got frost bite. He silently contemplated of how he could fine middle ground between losing an arm and the ice arm guard.
Back to top Go down
Lex Darcy

Lex Darcy

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: The boy, the shadow.... and the snowball? ((Lex))   The boy, the shadow.... and the snowball? ((Lex)) I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 06, 2011 11:50 am

Though Lex was walking around the bunker trying to see what he could do, he listened closely to what Alex had to say. He seemed to know his own powers well, and perhaps he could give Lex some ideas. After all, aloof and cold as he was Lex he just wasn’t the type to be impolite. He created another ball of darkness, but this time he didn’t blast it against the wall. He just looked at it while walking around and listening to Alex. Alex talked of how they could be creative with their powers, and Lex’s brows furrowed at that. He hadn’t really thought of exploring what his powers could do before he arrived at the Institute, and now what Alex was saying seemed to make a lot of sense. Inwardly he admonished himself for looking over such a simple matter. How could he have not thought of what Alex said? If he could think of various ways to torture people and other similar stuff, why couldn’t he have thought of creative ways to use his powers? Making 2D shadows sounded like a good idea, and they could probably help him when he needs to fight offensively. After all, ninjas didn’t just fight by hiding beneath and emerging from shadows. No. He had to learn from the ninjas.

Lex watched as Alex showed what he could. With his hands in his pocket and his face in that signature expressionless look, he looked like how you’d expect Lex to typically look. However, today he wasn’t feeling indifferent, and besides, he felt grateful for Alex for giving him an idea. And so nothing diverted his attention as a snowball formed on Alex’s hand. Alex stopped when it was the size of a baseball, and for a moment it seemed like one harmless snowball you could create on a winter day. However, the snowball changed from a harmless snowball to a solid ice that would probably feel extremely painful once it hit you. It had also increased in size. “After everything I’ve done today, that’s all I can do now,” said Alex. “But I can form shapes like I said.” As soon as he finished speaking he threw the ball onto the wall. It hit the wall and fell to the floor, but it remained whole. It probably took up Alex’s energy to create the ball, and Lex commended him for that.

“Impressive,” said Lex. “And yes, I will not be surprised if you can create something bigger, considering how you’ve… redecorated the place.” Lex looked around the bunker, and before Alex used it the bunker must’ve looked like one ugly and chaotic place. Now that it had ice in it (where one could even skate), Lex thought the place looked better. Maybe he was biased due to his fondness of snow, but that was what he thought as his face remained calm. “And I thank you for your suggestion,” said Lex with an acknowledging nod. “I have never tried making these so-called ‘2D shadows’, but perhaps, I could try, yes?” With his forehead slightly wrinkled in concentration, Lex stared at the shadow in front of him. He could make shadows move around, but to make them jump out of the walls was different. Slowly, the shadow’s form changed, until it formed into what looked like a half-grown man. Lex wanted to create something bigger, but he figured he’d have to do small things first before he moved on to the bigger and more difficult ones. Slowly, the half-grown man started to emerge from the shadows, but one of its limbs was missing.

“Well, for a first-timer, that is probably… acceptable,” Lex muttered. He made the stationary 2D shadow go back to the wall. The light of the bunker made Lex slightly feel weak, but at least it wasn’t very bright. “I am indebted,” he said. “You have helped me realise an ability, and for that, what might I do?” asked Lex. He didn’t really appreciate being indebted, and so he figured he’d ask now lest Alex asks for something impossible in the future.
Back to top Go down
Alex Radke

Alex Radke

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: The boy, the shadow.... and the snowball? ((Lex))   The boy, the shadow.... and the snowball? ((Lex)) I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 06, 2011 6:49 pm

“Impressive, and yes, I will not be surprised if you can create something bigger, considering how you’ve… redecorated the place.” Alex laughed taking pride in his work, sort of. "Ya, I made an ice figure and tested a few of my attacks on it. I can create knifes somewhat well, it's just hard trying to find a balance between how strong and heavy it can be. To strong to heavy to wield, to light easily broken. The ice trail you see, well it's how I get around. You see i'm able to board across it with my snowboard, by using my power, I can shooting more of the path ahead I can keep on going forwards. Not to sure about the science of why I keep going behind it, you know?" Alex than looked at his hand, he knew he was out of juice. He was way to tired, "i'm also trying something else I thought about, freezing say my arm to the elbow. That way when I hit something, well you can see. Just it's a little annoying, again to strong and I won't get it off and that's bad, obviously. To weak and it could shatter."

He sighed, “And I thank you for your suggestion, I have never tried making these so-called ‘2D shadows’, but perhaps, I could try, yes?” He watched as a man made of shadow appeared, or really started climbing into there 'world' if you will. He hadn't thought of making a person, that was more interesting. “Well, for a first-timer, that is probably… acceptable,” Alex smiled, "my friend you took the idea and made it your own. See this is what i'm talking about, creativity at it's very finest." Alex had a mind for thinking out of the box, it was something that was both a curse and gift. Sometimes he wasn't able to stop the 'train of thought' and it would go almost non-stop. It was like he would have no control, and short of slapping himself nothing helped. "I am indebted, you have helped me realise an ability, and for that, what might I do?” He shook his head, "no my friend. This was all you, you told a small spark of an idea and that set of a wild fire inside your mind. 'Be creative'. With that you just about made a person, of shadows! But try to think out of the box more often, it is quite fun out there."

He tapped his pointer finger to his temple, "but you aren't indebted to me, by no means. But a suggestion, maybe not to complicated you know? Like maybe make a shadow into like a pointed shape and have that come out, it's not as complicated as a person. So it shouldn't take as much thought and energy. Trust me, when it comes to more complicated things, the more complicated the harder it gets." He had gotten the idea from the TV show, it was the same idea almost. But he didn't want to announce that part, but if someone asked he wouldn't lie. Alex very much cared about pride, not in the superficial way, just like his honor. Alex looked at Lex, "you'll have this down in no time, just think of the endless possibilitys. You could do so much, you just have to imagine it." While he was talking about creativity he started to think, he thought about a shield and sword, and how he would be able to use. He smiled at the idea, it would be pretty cool, to fight like that. I mean a sword? Who in the world would expect that? He daydreamed a bit of what that could be like.

"So... gift of curse. How do you see your power, I mean?" Alex looked at his hand, it had seemed like this morning he had called his power a curse. When it was days and days ago, he was starting to see the beauty in it, yet he was still scared of using it as anything more than to make things. "I look at mine a little bit of both, a gift because I am able to create things, a power that suits my mind that never seems to cease. But a curse, because with a burst of anger, or accidental use I could freeze someone hold. There life gone before any help can even arrive." Alex had thought long and hard about his power, his views were slowly changing but there would still always be that little bit of fear. "Sometimes I even fear myself, I mean I could be a weapon if I chose to do so, there would be close to nothing human that could stop me." He knew it wouldn't make to much sense, but he had said what was on his mind. "So what about you, how do you see you mutation? As a gift or a curse?" Alex was interested in what Lex would say.
Back to top Go down
Lex Darcy

Lex Darcy

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: The boy, the shadow.... and the snowball? ((Lex))   The boy, the shadow.... and the snowball? ((Lex)) I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 07, 2011 4:08 am

The French mutant was silent as he listened to Alex talk. Just a few minutes ago he had wanted an offensive power like Alex’s, but now he was slowly realising how Alex’s power could be destructive even for himself. He just couldn’t imagine losing his own body parts because of his own power. What was he thinking, wanting something that could be his downfall? As he thought of this, he felt lucky for having the powers of darkness manipulation instead of snow or ice manipulation. He certainly didn’t think he would have enough sanity to handle such a power, and besides, his own powers can give him advantage when it comes to evasive and deceptive tactics. This Alex person is correct, he thought to himself. Any sort of power can be extremely useful as long as wit and cunning are involved when the powers are to be used. Lex hated having to learn from someone else, but he was wise enough now to show Alex he was feeling this way. After all, if there comes a time when he has a battle, Alex could provide to be a useful companion. He could even already think of strategies if they were to battle someone. The darkness and the cold, after all, went very well together.

Alex denied it when Lex presented himself to be indebted. Lex felt slightly frustrated, but he decided to let it go. He really hoped Alex would never have the chance to use this against him, as Lex had other plans for himself in the future. For someone who manipulated ice, Alex was nothing like his power. He was in no way aloof and cold-hearted, and the atmosphere wasn’t chilly whenever he was around. However, Lex knew it would probably different once Alex goes on a massive rage due to something. Most people may disagree, but Lex had a theory that people manifested their truest colours and emotions when they were angry. It was due to the fact that extreme anger usually makes people unaware of their actions; therefore, the subconscious takes over and the conscious mind is rendered unable to control the urges of the subconscious. That, to him, was the explanation why some people cried when they got drunk while the others beat their wives up. If Alex was usually this “chill” about everything, Lex would not be surprised if it would look like an “ice volcano” had erupted once Alex loses his patience.

Alex then asked him what he thought of his powers. Were his powers a gift, or a curse? Truthfully, Lex had always seen his mutation as a curse. It was due to this mutation that he got bullied at school, and it was also due to this mutation that he is now considered a “son of the devil” in Paris and maybe in his hometown if the news had reached that place. When he reached the Institute, though, Lex’s perspective gradually changed. What he had always deemed a curse had turned out to be something he could benefit a lot from. Whenever he was feeling sad or angry, he could always avoid the world by hiding beneath shadows literally. If he wanted to escape to somewhere else, he could always use his shadow portals. Maybe his powers are a curse, but now that he’s learning how to use them properly he might as well call them a gift. “I see my power as a gift,” said Lex quietly. “It is probably a curse, but now that I’m discovering things about it, I could use it to my advantage and then it isn’t a curse any longer, is it?”

All this time, Lex had been trying to control the shadows in the wall in front of him. But after he spoke, he turned to Alex with his usual poker face. It must be very difficult for Alex to live with fear of himself, and Lex felt about that. He was immediately reminded of his childhood days when he hated himself for “driving the shadows mad” whenever he had an emotional outburst. “Well, Alex, I do not think you would have reason to fear yourself if you train really hard. If there is anyone who should fear you, it must be your enemies,” answered Lex. “You have seen me around. People label me ‘the weird brooding loner guy’. And maybe I am so. But I know an opportunity when I see one, and I can see an opportunity for us to be strong fighters together if we are to cooperate.” Lex paused for a moment to let Alex take in what he had said. “So, what do you say? We could form an alliance. And if this bunker has simulation fights for training, we could improve ourselves by utilising that. My strength is evasion and deception. Your strength is offense and force. It sounds like an excellent alliance to me.”
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The boy, the shadow.... and the snowball? ((Lex))   The boy, the shadow.... and the snowball? ((Lex)) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The boy, the shadow.... and the snowball? ((Lex))
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
X-Men The next generation :: The Mansion :: Training Bunker-
Jump to: